Mr. J. A. Turner Sr. and three associates founded TAW® in 1921 and guided it through the early formative years. Throughout this period, he developed a strong team of dedicated service professionals and expert craftsmen. In 1938, he founded Turner Electric Works in Jacksonville, FL to serve the growing Pulp and Paper manufacturing business in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
In 1965 J. A. "Jake" Turner, Jr. was named President. Jake provided the leadership and direction which allowed us to better serve our customers by expanding with the addition of Lake City and Orlando branches.
J.A. "Bubba" Turner, III became our President in 1988. With Bubba's continuing guidance, this commitment and dedication to our customers continue to grow. With locations in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, we can provide unmatched service to our customers.
TAW® was initially founded to serve a regional need in the phosphate and paper industries. Our motto - then and now, is "Industry’s Friend." Our business models have changed, but all of our customer transactions are still based on our principle; Quality, Value, Honesty, and Integrity.
We remain "Totally Committed to Providing Service.”
Service to the customer is a long-standing TAW® tradition. From the 1920's to the present, many things have changed, but our priority is still quality customer service.